Monday, May 16, 2016

what the fugg does that mean, really?

Didn't I say that PSIA is cluster-fragged because it can't stay focused on fundamentals long enough to realize that steady application of consistent fundamentals is more important than biennial hairsplitting redefinition of those bases?

Yes.  I did.

And here's why.

*********************
Q: I'm just curious how you would describe the changes to {ski teaching} methodology, language, focus that have occurred over the last 10 or so years. i am looking to reinstate my Cert and an curious as to the changes that I've missed.

* * *

A: One of the changes is that fundamental skills are viewed differently. The fundamental movements are now edging movements, rotational movements, and pressure movements. Balance is no longer considered alongside the other three, but rather as a byproduct of the application of the three.

Go here to demonstrate to yourself that I'm not making this up.

********************

So, there's NOW a priority for edge/steer/pressure ABOVE balance or AS SEPARATE FROM balance, while 10 years ago it was different.

What a crock of manure.

This is what PSIA spends its time doing. Rewriting old principles in different language, with perhaps artificially different prioritization, which priority is granted solely to make the redefinition seem like a REVELATION HERETOFORE HIDDEN FROM VIEW.

********************

Despite the excellent work from some of its members, as an entity PSIA is as hopelessly caught in word games as both of the major political parties. 

3 comments:

Chet Redweld said...

I'd like to see someone refine edging skills without good balance

I'd like to see someone improve pressure skills without good balance

I'd like to see someone get better at steering without good balance

I'd like to see someone SKI without good balance

My likes are futile. Just like they are on facebook.

Spindrift E. Weasel said...

130mm waist on hardpack eliminates the need to balance.

Everyone should use skis that are essentially much thinner water skis.

I'm the expert here.

If you don't agree with me, you're just a homophobic reactionary who is misogynist, corporate and probably voted for Trump.

Chet Redweld said...

Sorry, buddy, but I didn't vote, and wouldn't vote for Trump if I did.

Remember to project onto me things that aren't true, to prevent us from critically examining your "expert" opinions.